- To provide a first class education, independent of the state system, for boys and girls aged 3 to 13 years.
- To provide an environment, developing to the full each pupils' intellectual, sporting, artistic, musical, spiritual and social faculties, whilst ensuring that each child recognises that caring for others is also of the utmost importance.
- To offer an environment where each pupil is able to develop and fulfil their potential in small class sizes.
- To produce well rounded individuals who, no matter what their strengths or weaknesses may be, are able to contribute to a community that requires tolerance and understanding. It is important that our alumni are of benefit to society as a whole.
- To strive for quality, excellence and the highest standards of education for all pupils.
- To provide a warm and caring community where all members show commitment, courtesy, co-operation, tolerance and compassion.
- To offer a curriculum which is broad and balanced.
- To identify pupils' needs, setting relevant tasks which will be regularly assessed to facilitate progress and fulfil their potential.
- To engender a spirit of learning so that pupils see education as a lifelong process.
- To offer a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and experiences.
- To educate pupils to fit happily and confidently into their future schools.
- To see ourselves as part of the wider community and adapt to meet the changing needs of society.
- To encourage the involvement and support of parents.
Pupils demonstrate substantial respect for others, a deep sense of fairness and a developed understanding of why prejudice and discrimination are not acceptable.
ISI Inspection, January 2016